The Corporate Social Network, A Powerful Collaborative Space
What precisely is a cooperative space for the organization? What is a corporate interpersonal organization? What are the advantages? Cooperative stages and computerized working environments have become such popular expressions that some down-to-earth chiefs consider the endeavor of the informal community to be a trick.
Some buzzwords die hard: talking with partners, trading to trade, consoling the inner self, etc. We can undoubtedly see the apparent essence of the chunk of ice: the conversational angles and the continuous progression of data. Assume the devices’ ease of use is always set forward. More profound reasons rouse the reception of a stage for cooperative work by all individuals from your association.
Thanks to the cooperative association, an organization is more agile, quicker, and useful. It, hence, appears to be fundamental to characterize the reason for cooperative work devices, indicate their shapes, and look at coordinated effort as a new, more effective approach to working. Lightings.
Definition Of A Collaborative Workspace
What Is A Collaborative Space?
A collaborative space, or more precisely, a collaborative workspace, takes the form of an online virtual space:
- Communication tools are centralized within a platform to facilitate communication.
- Company teams can work together online, and ultimately, collaboration extends to all stakeholders involved in the organization’s activity, such as multi-site teams, customers, or partners.
- This digital ecosystem aims to promote group work through the sharing of information, the transfer of skills, the sharing of documents, messaging, etc.
Why Adopt An Online Collaborative Tool?
An organization initially decides to embrace such a stage to change and work on the interior working of its association: seriousness and cooperative purposes lead it to start an inside and out computerized change, the change towards the computerized organization.
We discuss a corporate informal organization, sometimes failing to remember that such a data framework ought not to be introduced or utilized as a prevailing fashion but rather structure a culture of aggregate work. Hence, the entire organization benefits from it in the long haul. This is how the term advanced change takes on its full significance.
Teamwork As A Competitive Advantage
Circulation Of Information And Fluidity Of Exchanges
Some companies, which still operate horizontally, struggle to identify and mobilize the right competent person(s) to answer a specific question. As for intervening at the right time… the expert, finally identified, often arrives too late or only provides part of the response expected by the client. The competitor does not hesitate to show more reactivity. There are several reasons for this dated and counterproductive habit:
- The question asked sometimes requires the consultation of several complementary experts, especially in the changes initiated by an innovation and digital manager, where all points of view are essential for the smooth running of a project.
- The work organization in partitioned business silos isolates the teams, which should logically be complementary and, therefore, in permanent contact.
- Communication is not fluid in the company. An employee may have been asking a question for months, while another of his colleagues knows the answer at his fingertips.
- Information is not centralized or shared transparently, which would nevertheless boost collective intelligence, accelerating productivity.
What About Collective Intelligence?
This is the mystery of a powerful working gathering for the organization. Rapidly and effectively getting to data, sharing it, and trading with others (like information) becomes fundamental: bombing this, the worker just to some extent sees the setting of a subject and can’t conceive alone dealing with a complicated issue since he is disconnected from his abilities as his main means and replies.
What to expect from an enterprise social network?
Collaboration is the raison d’être of a corporate social network: its transformation leads it to evolve into a true Digital Workplace that makes organizations competitive. Let’s take this opportunity to translate the term Digital Workplace into the language of Molière and provide the most meaningful definition possible. A Digital Workplace encompasses all the components of a digital business to bring them together:
- the attractive organization for employees,
- agile employees,
- interoperable tools and user-centric technology,
- The culture and governance of collaborative work.
A Digital Workplace is nothing like a coffee machine corner. User-centric and intuitively adopted by users, it represents the essential tool for daily productivity, capitalizing on collective intelligence. Objective: stay alert and maintain a competitive advantage. The purpose of such a corporate social network is the adoption of new, more agile, and more productive working methods. The tool creates value through the digital transformation lever it represents and serves the company’s overall development.
In this context, Facebook Workplace, modeled on the general public version of the famous social network, does appear as a platform that flatters above all the ego. While communication and marketing specialists are more inclined to differentiate between a personal networking tool and a true productivity-oriented collaborative tool, other decision-makers must be guided in their choices.
Why do your employees need a collaboration tool focused on the fluidity of communication? What will it bring to your team and the company? Questioning is necessary: before adopting a collaborative space, your company must define what this collective workspace will bring to its employees and how communication will be accelerated and streamlined. Nothing better than to win all the votes when deploying internally…
Communication, A Major Asset Of A Collaborative Platform
The new teamwork methods, agile, supported by collaborative platforms, make it possible to meet the new challenges of the digitalized company with intelligence:
- All collaborators need a common space to become agile, hence the notion of collaborative spaces. The corporate social network is used for this, i.e., to offer your teams common access to information and the possibility of intervening in real time on this dedicated and shared space in a logic of efficient collaboration.
- A pervasive concern among HR managers, teamwork improves efficiency when the business processes are more transversal. When we decompartmentalize the professions, interactions between teams accelerate. They are more responsive and more productive.
- A real collaborative tool centralizes and restores, in particular, all the information that punctuates the company’s daily activity.
- Everyone has the same level of information, so communication becomes more fluid.
- More responsiveness leads to increased productivity; it’s a Cartesian truth.
- From the feeling of collective productivity comes motivation. The circle is complete.
And all this while lightening your mailboxes, of course.
How To Choose Your Collaborative Tool?
Tips For Choosing A Collaborative Platform
If you have doubts about the collaborative space to adopt, build the list of your requirements by drawing inspiration from the following:
- ergonomics must make the interface intuitive to facilitate use (friendliness, remember),
- the platform must be able to centralize all your tools to connect them (connectors allow you to use third-party applications such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and even your CRM tool, keep the shared calendars function, etc.),
- the collaborative tool is thus a workspace that facilitates the exchange of files, where everyone can access shared documents, with, for example, exchanges materialized by hypertext links,
- access is controlled by an administrator and secure (some prefer hosting in France versus the United States due to the Patriot Act ),
- all the information is grouped and accessible by all within the same space,
- everyone personalizes their news feed by subscribing beforehand to the business groups that concern them,
- each member of your team must be able to react in the discussion thread, which facilitates real-time exchanges,
- the community spirit must be based on professions, not on personalities, and break down barriers,
- instant messaging and a chat should allow communication at any time, particularly on the move,
- a version of the collaborative space in the mobile application is therefore inevitable for remote teams,
- videoconferencing or videoconferencing has an undeniable advantage for exchanging and communicating in real-time,
- the initiator of the tool must position himself as a manager to encourage the specialists to intervene on their own, spontaneously, rather than wasting time identifying them and soliciting their interventions,
- Ultimately, the collaborative tool must clarify the decision-making and prioritization processes,
- it must facilitate monitoring within the same space by allowing, for example, to have mentions on social networks, etc.
A corporate Social Network To Strengthen Business Collaboration
Your company cannot rely on a simple project management tool to promote communication and the exchange of information between collaborators. This is all the more true if it has teams working remotely, spread over several sites. This is where the enterprise social network comes in.
Managers keen on productivity quickly understand where their interests lie: the cross-functional, interactive, and participative way of working motivates and empowers employees. For all practical purposes, remember that it allows the company to maintain its competitive advantage over the long term.
Which CSR To Choose?
A fully customizable and secure collaborative platform on the web: here is Jamespot in a nutshell. This French solution not only facilitates the circulation of information in companies but also makes it possible to capture, order, and not lose information. Jamespot in a few key points:
- easier identification of preferred contacts,
- a digital workplace: a unique work environment where applications can be connected to multiple functionalities (project management, surveys, meeting organization, electronic document management, etc.),
- a responsive and attentive team to always meet the needs of its customers
A solution designed as a collaborative space, Netframe organizes and unites employees around company resources. This comprehensive platform, which doubles as a CSR, promotes team synergy, strengthens employee engagement, and speeds up work processes through effective communication. Visibility, efficiency, and creativity: Netframe offers the winning recipe for productivity. Net frame in a few key points:
- an organization in working groups integrating discussions, threads of activity, documentary spaces, and shared calendars for direct access to information,
- the management of access rights and the distribution of roles within the network,
- communication and information sharing at the heart of the different modules: task management, project management, document management,
- an incremental approach to adapt to all types of organizations: flexibility, modularity, and ease of use.
Do you want to access a user-oriented solution that facilitates information processing in a complex environment? talkSpirit then appears as a reference choice: your teams have a collaborative space that allows them to translate their exchanges into actions. Because this is where the digital accelerator pedal of your business is. A true collaborative tool allows:
- faster feedback,
- prioritization of actions to be taken,
- the identification of the actors,
- task management.
The Collaborative Space At The Service Of The Growth Of Your Company
Finally, we can consider that a collaborative company succeeds in its digital transformation when its entire organization becomes a real social platform of collective intelligence. Implementing collaboration tools creates a bond between employees. The company’s knowledge and data are exchanged more easily within the various communities thus formed.