What Are The Criteria For Choosing A PC Screen?
Choosing a PC monitor can be a complex task, as so many models and technologies are on the market. This requires considering several criteria to find the one that best suits your needs and use. Whether you’re a graphic design professional, an avid gamer, or just looking for a monitor to browse the Internet, this guide will help you understand what criteria are essential when choosing your monitor.
Type Of Use: Determine Your Priorities
One of the first criteria to consider when choosing a computer screen is what you will use it for. The required technical characteristics vary depending on your primary needs. Here are some examples :
- Graphics and video creation: Choose a screen with excellent image quality, high resolution (at least 2560 x 1440 pixels) and vast colour space.
- Video gaming: Opt for a monitor with a fast response time (less than 5 ms), a high refresh rate (at least 144 Hz) and Adaptive-Sync technology (G-Sync or FreeSync) to avoid tearing and tearing issues. Stuttering.
- Office automation and web browsing: Choose a screen offering good visual comfort, a resolution adapted to the screen size (1920 x 1080 pixels for a 24-inch screen) and ergonomic features (height adjustment, tilt).
Screen Size And Resolution: Find The Right Compromise
Screen size and resolution are also essential criteria when choosing your monitor. The larger the screen size, the more workspace you will have and be able to display multiple windows simultaneously. However, a large size also requires an appropriate resolution to ensure optimal image quality.
- Screens of 24 inches and less: mainly suitable for office and web use; a Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) is generally sufficient.
- 27-inch screens: ideal for graphics professionals and gamers, choose QHD (2560 x 1440 pixels) or UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels) resolution.
The Format Of The Computer Screen
There are three standard configurations for a PC screen: 16:9, 21:9 or 32:9. Each has explicit attributes that can impact your review insight. For instance, the 16:9 arrangement is the most generally utilized economically. It’s excellent for most ordinary purposes, for example, web perusing, composing records, and watching recordings. Its moderate width and adjusted level proposition a drawn-out field of vision that will be adjusted to your eyes. Then again, the 21/9 and 32/9 arrangements are primarily reasonable for game devotees and visual communication experts. They are ideal for, at the same time, showing a lot of data and vivid gaming.
Screen Response Time And Viewing Angles
Screen response time is crucial for gamers, especially for fast-paced action games. Expressed in milliseconds (ms), it measures the number of images displayed per second by a screen. A response time between 0.5 and 2 ms is generally recommended for a better gaming experience.
On the other hand, viewing angles determine how visible the image is when looking at the screen from different viewpoints. In other words, the lower they are, the more you have to position yourself directly in front of the computer to see the content displayed. When purchasing your screen, choose those with a wide viewing angle for an optimal visual experience.
Screen Brightness And Contrast
Brightness is measured in candelas per square meter (cd / m²). It provides vivid colors and a clear display, even in light conditions. Generally speaking, 250 to 300 cd/m² is considered adequate for everyday use. Contrast, for its part, is expressed in ratio. It is the ratio between the brightest and darkest parts of the screen. For example, a difference of 500:1 means that your screen’s white point is 500 times brighter than its black point. Still, depending on their needs, companies wishing to obtain an ultra-realistic image should favor monitors with a high level of contrast.
PC Screen Slab
The screen of the PC screen plays a crucial role in the quality of the display. The most commonly used are IPS, TN and VA.
TN boards are known for their quick reaction times and reasonable costs. In any case, they have more minor review points and less exact variety proliferation.
IPS screens are eminent for their variety of exactness and broad review points. In this manner, they are an excellent decision for visual creators and photographic artists. Be that as it may, they will generally have more slow reaction times than TN boards.
VA boards give a better variety of multiplication and review points. They additionally will generally highlight higher differentiation proportions than IPS boards. Along these lines, they are reasonable for computer game fans and experts.
The new OLED screens are eminent for their outstanding different proportions. They don’t need backdrop illumination, as every pixel discharges its light. Even though they will generally be more costly than other boards, they are perfect for reviewing media content. Overall, picking the right PC screen isn’t simply a size issue. Design, goal, brilliance, contrast, reaction time and board are variables to consider. Via cautiously thinking about these models, you will find a PC screen that offers uncommon visual execution, whatever your field of action.
Connectivity: Ensure Compatibility With Your Equipment
Finally, check that the screen has the necessary connectors to your PC and other peripherals (console, Blu-ray player, etc.). The main types of connectors are:
- HDMI: This connector is compatible with most devices and transmits video and audio signals. Opting for a screen equipped with a recent version of HDMI (HDMI 2.0 or higher) is recommended to benefit from the highest resolutions and refresh rates.
- DisplayPort: Ideal for gamers and professionals, DisplayPort supports high resolutions, high refresh rates and Adaptive Sync technology. Version 1.4 of DisplayPort allows, for example, the transfer of 8K and HDR video signals.
- DVI and VGA: These analogue connectors are less common on newer display models but can be helpful if you have an older computer. However, they don’t support the highest resolutions or advanced features like adaptive sync.