Which Is The Latest iPhone 2022? ModelsIn Comparison!
Which is the latest iPhone? In this article, we look at the latest devices. We will also show you which predecessors are still available today and whether they are an alternative for you.
Current Market: Which Is The Latest iPhone?
In September 2022, Apple introduced the latest generation of their iPhones. There are now five models in the official model overview: the iPhone 14 Pro (Max) and iPhone 14 (Plus), as well as the previous models, iPhone 13, iPhone 12, and the iPhone SE in the third generation. In this part, we give you…
- An overview of the current models
- A personal assessment of whether these are worth buying
- The lowest price to purchase the respective model.
iPhone 14 Pro (Max) – Top Model For High Demands
The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max are the latest flagship models. Compared to their predecessors, they come with an always-on display, four times the camera resolution, and can also make emergency calls via satellite. The new accident detection also calls for help if you have a severe car accident. The so-called “Dynamic Island ” on the front, which is a pill-shaped recess for the front camera and can dynamically display information, is also particularly striking.
- iPhone 14 Pro currently from EUR 1,299.00 at Amazon (RRP is EUR 1,299)
- iPhone 14 Pro Max currently from EUR 2,099.00 at Amazon (RRP is EUR 1,449)
Our Recommendation For You:
The iPhone 14 Pro (Max) is the right choice for you if you don’t want to do without a zoom camera, appreciate a higher camera resolution, have maximum battery life and have the latest design (“Digital Island”) with Always-Want to try on display. For this per experience, however, you also pay around EUR 300 more in the RRP than for the iPhone 14.
iPhone 14 (Plus) – Current Model With Optimized Camera
Compared to its predecessor, the iPhone 14 is now available in two sizes: iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus. As in the Pro models, it has an optimized camera, improved video stabilization, and an emergency call function via satellite and accident detection. Compared to its predecessor, it also has a slightly improved battery life and comes in purple and light blue colors.
- iPhone 14 currently from 1,224.76 EUR at Amazon (RRP is 999 EUR)
- iPhone 14 Plus currently from 1,434.99 EUR at Amazon (RRP is 1,149 EUR)
Our Recommendation For You
The iPhone 14 is the right choice if you want an optimized camera and video stabilization compared to its predecessor and if the new accident detection and emergency call function via satellite is essential to you. But remember that the latter is only available in the US and Canada.
iPhone 13 (Mini) – Previous Model With Only Marginal Differences
Interestingly, the models differ only marginally from the successor, the iPhone 14. The action mode for improved video stabilization is missing, and the camera is a little less bright. However, it could be more optimistic because the camera also takes excellent pictures in the dark. You also have to do without accident detection and emergency calls via satellite.
- iPhone 1 3 currently from EUR 799.00 at Amazon (RRP is EUR 899)
- iPhone 1 3 minis currently from 729.00 EUR at Amazon (RRP is 799 EUR)
Our Recommendation For You
The iPhone 13 is the right choice for you if you find the iPhone 14 interesting but want something other than the improved camera and video stabilization, as well as accident detection and emergency calls via satellite. The iPhone 13 is currently the best value for money iPhone for around EUR 100 less.
iPhone 12 – The Older Model With A Worse Battery
Compared to the iPhone 13, the battery in the iPhone 12 is noticeably smaller, the display is also darker, and the quality of the recordings in the dark is slightly poorer. So, there is no cinema mode.
- iPhone 1 2 currently from 749.00 EUR at Amazon (RRP is 799 EUR)
Our Recommendation For You
The iPhone 12 is the right choice if you want to save around EUR 100 in the RRP compared to the iPhone 13. However, you get a noticeably worse battery, a darker display, and poorer low-light recording. If you can afford it, go for the iPhone 13 instead.
iPhone SE – High Performance In The Old Guise
The iPhone SE (3rd generation) comes in the classic iPhone design, with only one camera and a much smaller battery. In addition, there is no face recognition and no night mode for improved photos in low light. However, the processor is interestingly the same as in the iPhone 13.
- iPhone SE (3rd generation)currently from EUR 529.99 at Amazon (RRP is EUR 549)
Our Recommendation For You
The iPhone SE is the right choice for you if you want the cheapest iPhone with the performance of the iPhone 13. This is by far the best performance for this price. However, you must be satisfied with only one camera, noticeably worse battery life, and a somewhat outdated design. If that doesn’t bother you, then you’re getting an excellent device at a cheaper iPhone price.
Which current model suits you?
You may want to know which of the new models suits you. After all, there are not only the iPhone 14 and the iPhone 14 Pro but also previous models that will become attractively priced over time. Let’s take a look at which model might suit you.
- iPhone 14 Pro: You don’t want to do without the latest design, always-on display, and often taking photos in the distance? So, do you plan to print pictures and value long battery life? Then the iPhone 14 Pro is the model of choice.
- iPhone 14: Want a high-end camera and video capabilities but don’t need a zoom camera? Are accident detection and SOS via satellite also an issue for you? Then you reach for the iPhone 14.
- iPhone 13: Are you looking for the best value for money and a high-end smartphone? The iPhone 13 loses little compared to the iPhone 14 and is, therefore, very attractively priced. This iPhone is our recommendation!
- iPhone 12: The price is essential to you, and you want to save even more? The iPhone 12 is a good choice. But remember that the battery is noticeably worse than the iPhone 13, the display is darker, and the low-light performance is also lower.
- iPhone SE: You don’t care about the latest design? Then with the iPhone SE, you get the cheapest iPhone on the market and the performance of the iPhone 13 – but only a camera and worse battery life.
When Is The Next iPhone Coming?
Apple introduces the new iPhone generation once a year. For years, the group from Cupertino has chosen September. The devices can usually be ordered shortly after that and delivered step by step. So the new iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro will not be released until September 2023. The latest rumors about the new iPhone generation usually start shortly after the release of the current version.
Should You Wait To Buy It?
Now is a good time for an iPhone. The longer you wait, the cheaper the devices often become. With the introduction of a new iPhone generation, the prices of the previous models traditionally fall. You can also buy frequently used previous models cheaply when new iPhones are introduced or shortly after.
These are then auctioned off on eBay for a reasonable price. However, ensure you buy a device with good battery life. Depending on usage, the battery is often the weak point in used iPhones. The cause is usually incorrect charging behavior or the fact that the iPhone has been left in the sun and the battery has been damaged.
The Essentials In Brief
- The latest iPhone was presented in September 2022.
- The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max come in a new design with an always-on display. The battery life is also excellent. The RRP is EUR 1,299 for the iPhone 14 Pro (128GB).
- The iPhone 14 retains the design of its predecessor and comes with an improved camera and emergency call functions. The RRP is 999 EUR in the RRP for the iPhone 14 (128GB).
- The iPhone 13 (mini), iPhone 12, and iPhone SE (3rd generation) are also available.
Read Also: iOS 16: All The News